EXPRESSIVE ARTKinga Zak
Artist, Transformative Mindfulness Practitioner,
Reiki, Groove, Laughter Yoga,
Art Therapy Student
Who can benefit?
Art Therapy is effective for people of any age.
may help to:
- resolve emotional conflict
- increase self-awareness and self-esteem
- build social skills
- change behaviour
- increase coping skills
- develop strategies for problem solving
Drawing skill or other artistic ability is not necessary in order to participate in Art Therapy. Art is the tool for communication, self-examination and healing. The value of the art produced in therapy lies in what it communicates to the client and not how it looks. As well, the creative act, in itself, can be healing.
Art therapy combines the creative process and psychotherapy, facilitating self-exploration and understanding. Using imagery, colour, shape, movement, sound as part of this creative therapeutic process, thoughts and feelings can be expressed that would otherwise be difficult to articulate.
As an art-based therapeutic approach, there are many potential benefits that may derive from the use of Art Therapy. Some of the specific advantages are:
- does not rely on language or verbal skills
- may provide an accessible modality for persons with certain disabilities
- offers opportunities to access experiences in a controlled way
- focuses concentration on a single activity, shutting out intrusive thoughts
- encourages creative thinking and risk-taking in a safe environment
- endorses the idea that creativity is inherently therapeutic
- may be less intrusive and yet is capable of releasing strong emotion safely
- creating art can be fun
Mission & Vision
To provide therapy and support to individuals and groups at the fair price while gaining more knowledge and experience.
Facilities and Organizations
I started my practicum work and I am proud to be working with following organizations:
The school is dedicated to freedom of choice and fostering a loving, respectful community of participants.
The Barn School will serve as a social hub for our learning community with classes and workshops offered for families and by families outside of our traditional school hours.
It is our hope that through our living example, we can expand the range of possibilities offered to young people in Ontario.
Our News & Announcements
I will have a table at this conference. Join us for a day of learning how to support your child's requests in pursuing an educational path that works for them. Our vendor area will have a variety of local program and service providers who support traditional and...
Get In Touch
Telephone: (289) 339-7812